• To locate, preserve, and index public and private genealogical records and to make those records available to the public;
• To provide education in, and encourage the practice of, genealogical research using the standards defined by the Board for Certification of Genealogists;
• To bring together individuals who are conducting genealogical research and to promote fellowship and cooperation among them.
UPCOMING EVENTS & ANNOUNCEMENTS
SMVGS MISSION STATEMENT
•A Nominating Committee was chosen for our February voting: Bob Viadella, Stephanie Bishop, & Susie Marvos. Thanks you very much for volunteering! Members, please be aware that you will be receiving a call from one of these committee members.
• Dec 8th, SMVGS Holiday Luncheon, 11:30am, GIAVANNI'S PIZZA, 1108 E. Clark Ave, Unit 130, Orcutt, CA. Buy your own lunch; bring a friend, and a story to share.
•Jan 19th, General Meeting, 2:15pm, at the SM Family History Center. Dean Klitgard will be speaking about SM history and KCOY TV.
• RootsTech 2023 (Mar 2nd - 4th) registration is open! You may register for virtual attendance for FREE or for in-person attendance for $98. You'll need a FamilySearch account; here's the link:
(“CLICK” IMAGE BELOW FOR FULL READ)
Our society meets at the Santa Maria Family History Center, 908 Sierra Madre, Santa Maria,
UNLESS OTHERWISE INDICATED BELOW.
This really is the November Newsletter!