• To locate, preserve, and index public and private genealogical records and to make those records available to the public;
• To provide education in, and encourage the practice of, genealogical research using the standards defined by the Board for Certification of Genealogists;
• To bring together individuals who are conducting genealogical research and to promote fellowship and cooperation among them.
UPCOMING EVENTS & ANNOUNCEMENTS
SMVGS MISSION STATEMENT
• No General Meeting in June.
• June 17th, SMVGS Presentation: "Family History Basics," 1:00pm, OASIS Senior Ctr, 420 Soares Ave, Old Orcutt, CA. Free class, open to the public.
• July 21st, SMVGS Summer Luncheon, 11:30am, iHop in Santa Maria, CA, Bring a story to share!
• July 30th, SMVGS Presentation: "Ancestry.com & Other Family History Resources," 10:30am - 12:30pm, Shepard Hall - Santa Maria Public Library. Free class, open to the public.
•No General Meeting in August.
(“CLICK” IMAGE BELOW FOR FULL READ)