• To locate, preserve, and index public and private genealogical records and to make those records available to the public;
• To provide education in, and encourage the practice of, genealogical research using the standards defined by the Board for Certification of Genealogists;
• To bring together individuals who are conducting genealogical research and to promote fellowship and cooperation among them.
UPCOMING EVENTS & ANNOUNCEMENTS
SMVGS MISSION STATEMENT
• No General Meeting in August
• Sep 3rd, SLOCGS General Mtg, 11am, Zoom link to be sent out 2-3 days in advance.
• Sep 9th, SMVGS Board Mtg, 2:30-4:00pm, at the SM Family History Center & via Zoom.
• Sep 15th, SMVGS General Mtg, 2:15-4:00pm, "Immigration Resources" by Nancy Converse, at the SM Family History Center (908 Sierra Madre, Santa Maria) and via Zoom.
• Oct 20th, SMVGS General Mtg, more info soon - add to your calendar!
(“CLICK” IMAGE BELOW FOR FULL READ)