• To locate, preserve, and index public and private genealogical records and to make those records available to the public;
• To provide education in, and encourage the practice of, genealogical research using the standards defined by the Board for Certification
• To bring together individuals who are conducting genealogical research and to promote fellowship and cooperation among them.
UPCOMING EVENTS & ANNOUNCEMENTS
SMVGS MISSION STATEMENT
• Please RENEW YOUR MEMBERSHIP this month by sending a $15 check to SMVGS c/o 1386 Solomon Rd., Santa Maria, CA 93455 - or bring cash to our next meeting.
• RootsTech 2023 - You can still watch the recorded classes! You'll need a FamilySearch account; here's the link: https://www.familysearch.org/rootstech/event/rt2023
• Apr 13th, 2:30pm, Board Meeting, in-person at the SM FamilySearch Center or via Zoom.
•Apr 20th, 2:15pm, SM FamilySearch Center and via Zoom. Program TBA.
(“CLICK” IMAGE BELOW FOR FULL READ)
Our society meets at the Santa Maria FamilySearch Center, 908 Sierra Madre, Santa Maria,
UNLESS OTHERWISE INDICATED BELOW.