• To locate, preserve, and index public and private genealogical records and to make those records available to the public;
• To provide education in, and encourage the practice of, genealogical research using the standards defined by the Board for Certification of Genealogists;
• To bring together individuals who are conducting genealogical research and to promote fellowship and cooperation among them.
UPCOMING EVENTS & ANNOUNCEMENTS
SMVGS MISSION STATEMENT
• Sep 15th, SMVGS General Mtg, 2:15-4:00pm, "Immigration Resources" by Nancy Converse, at the SM Family History Center (908 Sierra Madre, Santa Maria) and via Zoom.
• Visit the Santa Maria Public Library to see our society's "Immigration" display during the month of October!
• Oct 1st, SLOCGS will be celebrating their 55th anniversary, 10am, IOOF Hall, 520 Dana St, SLO, for more info go to www.slocgs.org.
• Oct 14th, SMVGS Board Mtg, 2:30pm at the SM Family History Center & via Zoom.
• Oct 20th, SMVGS General Mtg, 2:15-4:00pm, "The Great PERSI Resource" by Susie Marvos, at the SM Family History Center & via Zoom.
(“CLICK” IMAGE BELOW FOR FULL READ)